Search for a restaurant near you.
Franchisee Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Who is the ideal Franchisee?
A. Our selection of prospective franchising candidates is based on an assessment of overall business experience and personal qualifications. We look for individuals with "common business sense", a proven ability to effectively lead and develop people, and a history of previous success in business and personal endeavours. A restaurant background is not necessary.
We franchise only to individuals, not to limited companies.
The following characteristics and qualifications, among others, are essential to be considered for a Motherís franchise:
- Customer and Service oriented
- One who understands that employees are the greatest asset to a successful operation and must treat them accordingly.
- High personal integrity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to succeed
- A proven ability to manage, motivate and train people
- The ability to manage finances - both business and personal
- A willingness to personally devote full-time and best efforts to the day-to-day operation of the restaurant as an on-premise owner operator
- A willingness to complete a comprehensive training program and become proficient in all aspects of operating a Motherís restaurant business
- Financial resources & understanding
Q. What is expected of the Franchisee?
A. The Franchisee is expected to be personally involved in the day-to-day management and operation of the restaurant.
Q. What is the Franchise Fee? What does it cover?
A. The Franchise Fee is a licence fee allowing the Franchisee to use the Companies' intellectual property. It includes - Trade Name, Goodwill, Methods of Production, Confidential Information and know-how, Copyright, and Trade Marks and Service Marks.
Q. What are Royalty Fees? What does it cover?
A. Royalties are paid to the Franchisor for continuing activities in support of the Franchisee. It covers regular visits, research & development, business consulting, and, to a lesser extent, for ongoing use of the name and system.
Q. Whose name will the property lease be done in? A. The Lease agreement will be done in the Franchisors' name, even in the case that the Franchisee is the proprietor.
Q. Who will pay for the Design and Layout costs of the restaurant?
A. The Franchisee will be required to pay for Architectural and Design services, and also any permits required for the site.
Q. Whose Contractor to outfit the Restaurant?
A. The Franchisee will arrange and pay for Contractor services, with approval from the Franchisor. All work must be done to the Franchisors' specifications.
Q. Who is responsible for the purchase of equipment?
A. The Franchisee is responsible for the acquisition of all equipment, according to the Franchisorsí specifications.
Q. What territorial protection does the Motherís Franchise cover?
A. The Franchisee is given an exclusive sales area of 2-miles radius zone.
Q. Can the Franchisee open a different Franchise Brand while operating a Motherís Franchise? A. The Franchisor (Motherís) has the first right of denial.